Timber Legality Expert
We are seeking a timber legality expert, fluent in Mandarin and English to join our growing team.
Global Traceability(GTS) have over fifteen years of experience in implementing industry networks and traceability solutions. Global Traceability offers RADIX Tree, an online platform for connecting and sharing data with the supply chain. Today over 80,000 companies are represented on the platform. Our tools give visibility over the raw materials that make up products and enable efficient due diligence to comply with regulation, such as the EUTR (EU Timber Regulation).
The EUTR obliges all EU operators, who first place timber products on the EU market to implement due diligence: to know the supply chain and legal origin of the products . Global Traceability assists EU companies and their suppliers with its online platform RADIX Tree and expertise in sourcing timber in compliance with legal requirements.
To further expand this service, Global Traceability is seeking a Timber Legality Expert, to complement the team of remote-working colleagues distributed throughout Europe. Qualifications, experiences and personality are more important than your actual work location, which could be in Europe or Asia with preference.
Your responsibilities as Timber Legality Expert in Global Traceability will be:
- Assist clients in implementing due diligence for their timber and timber-based products
- Support clients in the technical roll out and maintenance of their supply chain transparency projects on the platform RADIX Tree
- Communicate with companies throughout the supply chains to ensure compliance and data quality
- Evaluate supply chains of timber and timber-based products
- Recommend risk mitigation measures to clients
- Provide technical and timber legality compliance trainings
- Stay actively informed on news and developments in the sector
- Work proactively within virtual team
We are looking for a candidate with expertise and competence in:
- Qualification and/or working experience in forestry, wood industry, chain of custody certification, or timber sectors.
- Good knowledge about environmental certification schemes, timber legality, legal compliance, corporate social responsibility or related field.
- Fluent language proficiency in Mandarin and English. Other language skills are a plus.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong and proactive communication and time management skill
- Project management skills are a plus
- Proven record working remotely is a plus
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to your application with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send with the subject heading: Application – Timber Legality Expert